Welcome to the Course
Welcome to the CSL-DL Course 2: Influencing Others
We’re really looking forward to working with you on this course over the next 6 weeks.
We would like to offer 2 pieces of advice regarding your learning:
- Pace yourself. This isn't a race. Also, work in a way that is comfortable for you. We all learn differently and it's important that you recognise that as you work through the course materials.
- After finishing a lecture, click on the tab that says "Complete and Continue" on the upper right hand of the page to mark the lecture as done so you can track your process.
If you have any problems, please contact [email protected].
Brief Course Description
All content for the course is hosted on this site, including:
- Distance learning material (PowerPoints with audio, handouts, worksheets, videos, and other supporting material)
- Peer group agendas
- Webinar agendas
The CSL-DL Course will run over 6 weeks with 2-4 hours per week of scheduled activity (depending on your learning style). The course structure consists of alternate weeks of:
- Studying new content (study weeks)
- Peer group sessions and webinars (review and reflection weeks).
To help you navigate the 6 weeks of the course, you can find a timetable that outlines the dates for both Study Weeks and Review and Reflection weeks in the CSL Distance Learning – Getting Started section of the LMS.
The time used during the Study Weeks can be whenever you wish – either during work or in your spare time. Remember - pace yourself. This isn't a race. Work in a way that is comfortable for you. We all learn differently and it's important that you recognise that as you work through the course materials.
Review and Reflection Weeks
During the Review and Reflection Weeks there will be 2 group sessions:
- Your Peer Group Session (3-4 participants)
- A Whole group Webinar with the trainers.
We will set up the Peer Groups prior to the start of the course and let you know who is in your group. If you are not comfortable with your group, please let us know. We will endeavour to make sure the groups are well mixed. There will be 4 Peer Group Sessions during the course, and each will be 60 minutes long (unless otherwise stated). The dates for each session will be organised by your group.
The Webinars are the only fixed events. There are 4 webinars and they will be 90 minutes long. The dates are presented in the timetable the CSL Distance Learning – Getting Started section of the LMS. You will also receive calendar invites by email for each webinar.
More details on Peer Groups, Webinars and the course in general can be found in the Course Guide: Introduction to the Course. Please email us if you have any queries – if you have any difficulties please let us know.
© All Content is Copyright of the Barefoot Thinking Company Ltd and should not be reproduced without our written consent.
Now watch The Course Introduction Video before continuing with the learning materials.
Before you start on the substantive Learning Modules, please download the Course Guide and complete:
- An Introduction to the Course
- Leadership Situations